You can connect Warp Studio to your Learning Management System (LMS) if your LMS supports SCORM 1.2 or LTI 1.1. Although both SCORM and LTI make sure trainees can start playing VR training scenarios from your LMS, these protocols do work a bit differently.
How it looks like for the trainee
Whether you use SCORM 1.2 or LTI 1.1, trainees can start playing your VR training scenario right from your LMS. If everything is set-up correctly they click on the VR scenario in your LMS and will be sent to our Warp VR launcher. A communication tool that creates the connection between your LMS and playing in VR. From this launcher, trainees will receive a 6-digit code that they can use in the Warp VR mobile apps to launch the right scenario. After playing, trainees need to go back to the launcher to make sure the final result is sent to the LMS.
Configuring a new integration
Find the Integrations page at your Organization Settings. There you will find your configured integrations and the option to add a new integration. We will ask you for the following information:
- Name: the name of the integration for your reference
- Kind of integration: either SCORM 1.2 or LTI 1.1 are supported for now
- Name of the LMS: use a name that is known in your organization in order to make the instructions clear to the trainee
- Anonymize trainees: when this option is selected we will not store first and last name of the trainee. Any trainee ID we receive will be scrambled and stored
- Devices: select the devices for which you want the instructions to be displayed
- Store: select the stores for which you want the instructions to be displayed
Adding a scenario to your LMS
If you've successfully configured an integration you can now add a VR scenario to your LMS. The process differs for SCORM and LTI.
Find your integration on the Trainees - Integrations page. There you can download the SCORM package for every of your published scenarios. The package can then be uploaded to your LMS.
To add a VR scenario to your LMS with an LTI 1.1 integration you need three pieces of information:
- Consumer Key: can be found on the Settings - Integrations page
- Shared Secret: can be found on the Settings - Integrations page
- URL: can be found on the Trainees - Integrations page
Because the key and secret are the same for each scenario, most LMSs allow you to configure a "LTI Tool Provider".
With the Tool configured, VR scenarios can be added to a course with just the unique URL.
Note that the exact setup may be different for your LMS. Please get in contact in case you need help with your LMS.